SHCG Membership General Information
- Instant access to network of ~900 makers in the Southern Highlands with varied experience in their craft; to be utilized for collaborative projects, research on techniques or marketing experience, as well as building your creative community.
- Four brick and mortar retail opportunities serving as a shared marketplace with work from other juried makers to capitalize on a strong collective of craft.
- Connections with 8 regional Education Centers for continuing education, niche craft experiences, and partnering in workshop opportunities
- Member of the Asheville Chamber of Commerce, American Craft Week, Historic Biltmore Village, Blue Ridge Parkway Association, Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce, High Country Host, Dig Local Asheville, Blue Ridge Mountain Host, and more.
- Opportunity for scholarship movies for craft-related travel and study.
We educate the region and arts community on the importance of craft and its ability to impact the local creative economy. Through our four retail locations, daily demonstrations, biannual craft fairs, and five special events, we promote the purpose and appreciation of our makers and their craft.
- Opportunity to demonstrate techniques, skills or process at the following educational events to the public; Glass & Metal, Fiber, Clay, Wood and Heritage.
- Ability to be a paid demonstrator at the Folk Art Center from March-December, Moses Cone Manor from March-November, and the Craft Fairs in July and October.
- Access to Guild's library and archives for research on craft media, history, and more.
- Access to community craft networks for educational opportunities, either at schools, or local workshops.
- Exposure through strategic and substantial annual advertising, both print and digital channels, as well as radio and television. These opportunities are in support for retail in shops, Craft Fairs, and special events.
- Opportunity to work with professional staff with experience in advertising, publicity, web technologies, and utilizing the SHCG brand for added value to your craft and business.
- Exhibition and gallery experiences in collaboration with members and staff obtaining knowledge in collection, catalog, and appraisal, as well as museum affiliation.
- Ability to work with staff in gallery affiliation and processes, methods and materials research, pricing --
- Online store for digital revenue opportunity, currently undergoing update for highly strategic e-commerce platform for members.
- Access to SHCG brand materials to show standards of quality and excellence in craft media.
- Opportunity to teach young students craft through local school workshops at the Folk Art Center, and beyond.
- Access to Guild's library and archives for research
- Access to Guild's Permanent Collection