Lake Above/Thunder Below – Copper and Ceramic Sculpture by Robert MilnesRobert Milnes
This piece is part of Stellar Objectives, the current exhibit in the Folk Art Center’s Main Gallery. Stellar Objectives features the work of the newest members of the Southern Highland Craft Guild creating work in fiber, clay, glass, metal and wood.
1 in stock
Stellar Objectives is on display until January 19, 2020 during regular open hours of the Folk Art Center.
- Approximately 55 1/8″ x 17 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Earthenware, glazes, slips
- Fired to cone 04, soldered copper tubing sealed in polyurethane
- This piece will be shipped after the close of the exhibition on January 19th, 2020
- Shipping cost will be determined and billed at that time
- Made in 2018
“My practice focuses on vessels and sculptures made of clay and copper including volumetric shapes with surfaces that explore communication, cognition, and energy. Patterning includes text in Morse Code, hexagrams, and brain waves for example. The pieces question symmetry, order, meaning and understanding. I am enough of a modernist to believe in principles, enough of a minimalist to believe in forms, and enough of a post-modernist to recognize that these are beliefs rooted in personal histories.”